This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using them. This is at no extra cost to you but helps support this blog.
With summer on the horizon, you want to feel your best as you lay on the deck, soaking up the sun. Exfoliating is a great way to get your skin summer-ready. So if you’re looking for a DIY scrub that’s easy to prepare, holds all the grittiness of a loose scrub in a mess-free bar, only costs a few dollars to prepare, and will reveal healthy-looking skin, Rose Almond Body Butter Scrub Bars are the answer.
What are Exfoliating Rose Almond Body Butter Scrub Bars?
Rose Almond Body Butter Scrub Bars are exfoliating body butter bars designed to buff and nourish the skin simultaneously. Made with skin-loving ingredients like rose otto dilution oil, cocoa butter and almond oil, these scrub bars will ward off dryness and reveal glowing summer-ready skin.
You need only wet your skin, rub the bar over your cleansed skin and then rinse away the scrub with warm water. Use once in two weeks to prevent dry skin from building up and keeping it soft.
How Do They Work?
Exfoliating Rose Almond Body Butter Scrub Bars are essentially a combination of nourishing oils, butter, ground almonds, vitamin E and essential oils.
- The shea butter will moisturise and soften your skin, leaving it smooth, while cocoa butter will provide your skin with a protective barrier to lock in moisture.
- Abundant in vitamin A, E, and essential fatty acids, almond oil, helps to lubricate and moisturise dry skin and preserve the skin’s elasticity and youthful appearance.
- Beeswax is a natural occlusive, meaning it will coat the skin and lock in moisture, making your skin smoother and more supple.
- The ground almonds help to give your skin a gentle exfoliation that will lift away dead skin cells.
- Associated with a youthful look, rose otto essential oil helps improve its tone and texture and reduce water loss, making it an ingredient of choice for dry ageing skin.
- Sandalwood essential oil is loaded with skin-friendly antioxidants and has a balancing effect on dry skin. It is also known for its ability to replenish moisture in the skin and reduce the appearance of scars.
5 Reasons to Use Ground Almonds In Your Skincare
Among many natural exfoliants found on the market, ground almonds are frequently used by natural skincare brands like Lush and alike.
- The soft, granular texture of the finely ground almonds makes it a perfect ingredient for body scrubs, as they can buff away dead skin cells without damaging the surrounding skin.
- Almonds are rich in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that helps rejuvenate the skin.
- Abundant in essential omega-3 fatty acids, ground almonds help soften dry skin.
- They are a good source of zinc that can help regenerate cells and balance skin tone when applied topically.
- Ground almonds are also a great filler in homemade scrubs because they’re not just affordable but they also add tons of moisture to your skin.
How To Make Exfoliating Rose Almond Body Butter Scrub Bars
DIY Exfoliating Rose Almond Body Butter Scrub BarsDifficulty: Beginner Formulator
Made with skin-loving ingredients like rose otto dilution oil, cocoa butter and almond oil, these scrub bars will ward off dryness and reveal glowing summer-ready skin.
- Bring 2-3 cm of water to a simmer over low heat in a saucepan.
- Weigh out the beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter and almond oil in a heat resistant glass beaker and place it into the water bath to melt the ingredients.
- Weigh ground almonds and dried rose petals in another beaker and set aside.
- When fully melted, remove the oil mixture from the water bath and stir until it cools down slightly. Add ground almonds and dried rose petals and continue mixing to prevent graininess in the bars.
- Once the mixture’s temperature drops below 40°C, add vitamin E, essential oils, and preservative Eco.
- Keep stirring until you notice the trace building up. Pour the mixture into the mould and allow the bars to set overnight.
- Once firm, remove them from the mould, label and store them in an airtight jar.
Skin Patch Test
- Carry out a skin patch test first before incorporating scrub bars into your skincare regimen. Although they may be well-tolerated by most, some people may be sensitive or even allergic to ingredients. Apply a small amount of the product onto a clear patch of skin. Somewhere you can leave it alone for 24-48 hours. If your skin turns red, itchy, or you experience any irritations, discontinue using the product.
Shelf life and storage
Body butter scrub bars should keep well for six to twelve months if stored well. Keep them away from direct sunlight in a dry, cool room or a draw. If they change colour, smell or texture, dispose of them and prepare a new batch.
Please remember that swapping the ingredients in the formula will alter the final product. Consider how the ingredient you switch will affect the final product’s texture and smell when making changes.
Waxes: Myrica fruit wax and rice bran wax are beautiful vegan waxes that you can use instead of beeswax.
Butter: Cocoa butter is a unique butter that is difficult to swap, but you could try switching it with illipe butter instead. You can swap shea butter for mango, mafura or sal butter.
Sweet almond oil: A rich source of vitamin E, this stable and highly versatile oil can be swapped with grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, or apricot kernel oil.
Exfoliants: You can replace ground almonds with other gentle exfoliants such as finely ground oats, jojoba beads or bamboo powder.
Essential oils: Palmarosa and geranium essential oil are suitable substitutes for rose otto essential oil. Before switching them, be aware some can cause sensitisation. You can learn more about the safe use of fragrance ingredients by visiting https://ifrafragrance.org.
Are scrub bars good for the face?
Yes! Scrub bars are an excellent way to clean your face. You can use them to exfoliate the skin, remove impurities and dead skin cells. You might like to swap ground almonds for almond flour with a gentler, more delicate and lighter texture.
Will body butter scrub bars melt?
Body butter scrub bars are designed to soften when rubbed against the skin like lotion bars. They will not melt, though, as they are formulated to stay firm enough for an easy application.
Can I use body butter scrub bars in the shower?
You can use body butter scrub bars right in the shower for instant and lasting hydration. Oils and butter in the formulae will help you retain moisture, while the exfoliants and smoothing ingredients will help you maintain your skin’s health.
Looking for more recipes?
If you are looking for even more scrub bar ideas, I have put together a handy ebook with 20 recipes you’ll find on Amazon. To purchase, click the link below.